Our support for Bury College Education Trust started in 2013. Bury College procured GLK Solutions to project manage the conversion of their first primary school, Radcliffe Primary School. As part of this work we:
- Completed their consultation with staff, parents, and the local community
- Co-ordinated TUPE with the local authority
- Ensured contracts and services were ready to transfer following conversion
- Provided the main point of contact with the local authority and legal firm
- Supported the development of a new school website
- Supported the Trust to legally form and develop its governance structure whilst also supporting the recruitment of Trustees
In 2014 we returned to support the conversion of their second primary school, Elton Primary School. GLK Solutions project managed the conversion activities using the same approach as Radcliffe Primary School. For this conversion we placed particular focus on the consultation phase with staff, pupils, and the wider community. The school had some concerns about conversion and wanted to ensure this was the right decision. We provided additional consultation events and ensure the school leaders and the Trust were available to answer questions and engage with all stakeholders.
Both conversions were relatively short in terms of the timelines to complete all activity. On both occasions we worked closely with the Trust and the local authority to ensure all activity was planned and the resources were placed to complete on time.
Following the two conversions, GLK Solutions was brought back to support the Trust through a capacity building project. Now that the Trust was responsible for two primary schools they wanted to understand their capacity and re-organise their support. GLK Solutions reviewed all central support services in place, provided a gap analysis, and presented their findings back to the Trust.