GLK Solutions offer governor audit and clerking services in the North West and Yorkshire regions. We provide several set packages as well as bespoke offers to meet the needs of all:
- Maintained Schools
- Free Schools
- Special Schools
- Trust Boards
- Multi-Academy Trusts
Our team combine education, governance and clerking expertise, knowledge and skills to offer a full governance support function to education providers. Our team combine over 30 years experience of education project delivery both locally and nationally and, as such, bring much more than just a clerking service.
We are completely independent: We are not aligned to any local authority, group, or body and therefore provide completely independent advice and clerking services to ensure the effective operation of your governance function and compliance with statutory requirements.
All our team are serving Governors and have experience of key roles such as Chair, Vice-Chair, Training and Development Governor (Link), and Subject Link Governor. We have also completed the National Clerks Development Programme and Chair of Governors Programme (licenced by the National College of Teaching).
We have a track record of working across a range of education settings both locally and nationally from Early Years to Higher Education and with several Multi Academy Trusts, local Authorities and the Department for Education.
Continuous improvement and development sits at the heart of our offer and will remain an ongoing focus as part of our clerking activities.
We have developed a range of clerking packages detailed below. Alternatively, we can develop a bespoke clerking support offer tailored to your needs.
- Servicing of three Full Governing Board meetings per academic year
- Advice on agenda items and timely and accurate preparation of minutes to meet the requirements of legislation and external accountabilities.
- Maintaining a record of attendance and apologies (and whether these are ‘approved’ or ‘noted’).
- Provision of an Action and Task Tracker following meetings
- Support, guidance, and information available in between meetings
- Provision of briefings, updates, information, and training opportunities
- Maintaining a record of the membership of the board of governors, committee membership, terms of reference, and specific governor responsibilities including details of role expectation.
- Clerking introduction pack
- Same as C1 with the addition of servicing two more Full Governing Board meetings to cover five Full Governing Board meetings per academic year
Same as C1 with the addition of:
- Servicing of three committee meetings per term (total of nine per academic year)
- Advice on committee meeting agendas
- Distribution of committee minutes
- Action and Task Tracker for Full Governing Board and all committee meetings
Same as C3 with the addition of servicing two more Full Governing Board meetings to cover five Full Governing Board meetings per academic year.
As highlighted above, each package provides a Clerking Introduction Pack. This is a complete support pack provided to all new schools taking up GLK Solutions’ clerking services. The pack includes:
- Clerk Job Description agreed with school or Board
- Full Service Level Agreement to confirm the role of the Clerk verses the school/Board
- Full academic year Governor calendar
- Governor structures organogram (including committees)
- Minimum website requirements checklist
- Register of Interest Log
- Agreed meetings schedule in place
- Completion of a standard skills audit
Additional Support Services
The following additional services are available to clients purchasing any of the above packages:
- Additional committee meetings – £200 per meeting
- Disciplinary and exclusion meetings – £200 per meeting (co-ordination and servicing of the full disciplinary/exclusion process can be arranged on a case by case basis)
- Complaints meetings – £200 per meeting (co-ordination and servicing of the full disciplinary/exclusion process can be arranged on a case by case basis)
Our services are offered as ‘paper free’ therefore all documents and papers are provided by e-mail. We can also offer the use of Microsoft Teams which is an online collaboration tool to store your meeting papers; users only require a Microsoft log in which can be set up for free. We will work with clients to assess whether this option is suitable for your Governing Board.
In addition to clerking services we also provide a number of services tailors to your needs. Such as:
Prepare new Governors for their role, standardising the process and enabling them to develop.
Essential for academies and free schools and viewed as best-practice for mainstream schools.
Support/introduction of a critical Governor role.
Review and health check, recruitment, and specific areas of development.
Audit and health check your Governing Board following an Ofsted inspection or in readiness for.
Prepare your Governors for an Ofsted inspection, common questions, advice and guidance, and key information.
Our Clerks are experienced in many aspects of education and clerking and have also served as Governors. Our Clerks have also completed the Clerk’s Development Programme licensed by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.